Clive’s expertise and eloquence have also been acclaimed outside of the court room through his numerous public speaking engagements.
He lectures on a range of topics including commercial fraud and international commercial litigation as well as commentating on his seminal cases.
Recent engagements include:
- This year Clive lectured at Holman Fenwick Willan, Stephenson Harwood and Pinsent Masons.
- Spoke to the Young Fraud Lawyers Association on fraud as part of their Summer Educational program.
- Talks in 2013 and 2016 to large audience of lawyers in the British Virgin Islands about contemporary legal subjects.
- Talk at the European Circuit of the Bar annual conference in Berlin on bars to enforcement of foreign judgments in English courts.
- Talk to the London Solicitors Litigation Association (LSLA) at Hogan Lovells on cross-examination.
- “A Collaborative Approach” talk to the Commercial Litigation department at Stephenson Harwood LLP- highlighting ways in which solicitors can help prepare cross-examination.
- Talk at the Houses of Parliament as part of Clifford Chance’s Comparative Viewpoints seminar.
- Commercial Seminar at Inner Temple- Clive spoke to over 400 solicitors on the subject of Piercing the Corporate Veil.
- The White Paper conference on cross undertaking as to damages in injunction cases.
- The Association of Commercial Fraud Lawyers in London- A talk on commercial litigation and the important decision in VTB.
- The British Consulate in Kiev- Clive gave a talk to a group of 60 lawyers on injunctions in relation to CIS disputes.
- Has also lectured at Stewarts Law, Lewis Silkin, Baker and McKenzie and PCB Litigation.